1st NUSRL IPR Essay Writing Competition 2012
NUSRL, Ranchi has taken this initiative to organize the First NUSRL IPR Essay Competition 2012. The Competition seeks to address the pertinent issues in the Intellectual Property Laws. The primary objective of the Competition is to initiate an intellectually churning process for realizing and contextualizing the Third World Approach to Intellectual Property Law Regime.
Registration Deadline: 15 December 2012
Essay Theme: IPR Implications vis-à-vis Developing Countries
Eligibility: Students of all streams, Legal/Corporate Professionals and Researchers.
- Essays must not be longer than 5000 words. It must be accompanied by an abstract of not more than 500 words. The abstract will be used by the jury for pre-selection.
- All submissions must be typewritten in Times New Roman, 12 Font Size, 1.5 Line Spacing and Headings/Titles must be in Capital. Footnotes should be in Times New Roman Font size 10. The Footnotes used should follow a uniform & complete system of citation.
- Quotes and references must be clearly marked throughout the essay (preferably in italics) and properly cited. Any method of citation can be followed but is required to be consistent throughout the text.
- Entries will be accepted only in MS WORD format.
- The identity of the author is not allowed to be indicated anywhere in the text.
- All submissions will be blind reviewed. References to specific individuals, firms, or schools, which might reveal the author’s identity are strongly discouraged and shall be liable to be disqualified.
- Entries should be accompanied by a cover page with the author/s name, mailing address, telephone, fax numbers, and e-mail address; name, address of the institution where the student is enrolled, year of study.
- Word count is required to be mentioned on the cover page.
- A registration fee of Rs.500 must be paid through D/D drawn in favour of “Registrar, NUSRL Ranchi” payable at Ranchi.
- Click here to register for the essay competition.
- The essay along with the abstract may be sent through email to nusrlipessay [at] gmail [dot] com or by post to the address given below:
National University of Study and Research in Law, Ranchi
Polytechnic Campus, BIT Mesra,
Ranchi – 835215 (Jharkhand)
- Last Date for Registration: 15th December 2012
- Last Date for Essay Submission: 30th December 2012
- Announcement of winners: January 2013