Karnataka State Law (KSLU) University Previous Years Model Question Papers for LLB Second Semester – Family Law – II
UNIT I– Family Law – II Model Question Papers
- June 2010: Define and distinguish between valid, void and irregular marriages under Mohammaden Law
- June 2010: Explain the different kinds of dower.
- June 2011: State the provisions of the Shariat Act, 1937
- June 2011: State the essentials of a valid marriage under Muslim Law.
- Jan 2011: Explain the source of Islamic Law.
- Jan 2011: Explain the legal consequences that may ensure if the husband refuses to pay ‘prompt dower’ and ‘deterred dower’ due to his wife.
- Jan 2012: Discuss Mula marriage under Mohameddan Law.
- Jan 2012: Explain briefly the law relating to pre-emption
- June 2010: ‘A’ a Mohammaden contracts a marriage with ‘B’ without witnesses. Is the marriage valid?
- June 2010: ‘A’ a Sunni Mohammaden sells his land to ‘B’. A’s neighbor ‘C’ a Shia Mohammaden claims his right of preemption over the land. Will he succeed?
- June 2011: ‘A’ a Hanafi Muslim has four wives. He marries the fifth wife. Is the fifth marriage void?
- June 2011: A Muslim wife wants to claim Mahr from her Husband inspite of having an express agreement between them not to claim it. Can she claim?
- Jan 2011: Write a note on Essentials of Mariage.
- Jan 2011: Write a note on Pre-emption
- Jan 2012: ‘A’ executes a document purporting to settle property as a Wakf for the benefit of his wife, daughter and descendants of the daughter. Is it a valid Wakf?
- Jan 2012: A Mohameddan widow is in possession of her deceased husband’s house in lieu of dower amount. She is not ready to give up possession of the house to other heirs, until her dower amount is paid. Can she do so?
UNIT II– Family Law – II Model Question Papers
- June 2010: What is acknowledgement of Paternity? State the conditions for the valid acknowledgment.
- June 2010: Explain the powers of Guardians under Mohammaden Law.
- June 2011: Who is a Muslim? Explain the rules relating to conversion to Islam.
- June 2011: Who are entitled to be the guardians of the person and property of a minor under Mohammaden Law.
- Jan 2011: Examine the effect of Apostasy of a Muslim on his/her marriage and succession rights.
- Jan 2011: Who are entitled to be guardians of the person and property of a minor? When can a legal guardian sell the immovable property of a minor Muslim?
- Jan 2012: State the law relating to ‘Apostacy from Islam’?
- Jan 2012: Explain the law relating to guardianship of the property of a minor.
- June 2010: Write a short note on ‘Maintenance of Children’
- June 2010: Write a short note on Defacto Guardian
- June 2011: Write a note on parental rights
- June 2011: When can a legal guardian dispose the immovable properties of a minor?
- Jan 2011: Zohra and Zakir have executed a nikahnama in the presence of Moulvi on 30th March 2009 and on August 11th 2009, Zohra gave birth to a male child Zaid. Ever since its birth, Zakir reared that child showering all love and affections. Is this child legitimate? Can Zakir acknowledge Zaid?
- Jan 2011: A Mohammedan Woman represents herself as guardian of her minor sons and sells the property which had devolved by inheritance on her and her minor sons. Is the sale binding on the minors?
- Jan 2012: A Hindu woman converts to Islam and marries a Mohammedan. Later she reconverts to Hinduism and marries a Hindu. Is she guilty of bigamy?
- Jan 2012: A, a Mohammedan acknowledges that B as his legitimate son. Subsequently, A revokes it. Is the revocation valid?
UNIT III– Family Law – II Model Question Papers
- June 2010: State the grounds for divorce provided under Dissolution of Muslim Marriage Act, 1939
- June 2010: What are the grounds on which a court can nullify the marriage under Indian Divorce act, 1869
- June 2011: How is divorce effected under Mohammaden law? Discuss briefly the modes of divorce.
- June 2011: Write an essay on Shah Banu’s case and its consequences.
- Jan 2011: Discuss how marriage under Muslim law can be dissolved in various ways.
- Jan 2011: Who are entitled to claim maintenance? Under which law a divorced Muslim Woman is entitled to claim maintenance? Explain.
- Jan 2012: What are the protections available to the Muslim divorced wife under the Muslim women (Protection of Rights on Divorce) Act, 1986.
- Jan 2012: What are the grounds on which wife can claim divorce from her husband under the Divorce Act, 1869?
- June 2010: Write a short note on ‘Khula’
- June 2010: Write a short note on Maintenance of divorced wife under Muslim Women (Protection of Rights and Divorce) Act, 1986
- June 2011: Write a note on ‘connivance’ as a bar to matrimonial relief.
- June 2011: Write a note on alimony under Indian Divorce Act
- Jan 2011: A Hanafi Mohammedan divorced his wife by Talaq. After divorce, the couple live together and three children were born to them. Is the cohabitation and the children legitimate? Decide.
- Jan 2011: George is not permitting his wife Anjali to attend religious rites. Her repeated requests proved futile. Perturbed Anjali decided to take legal steps under the Indian Divorce Act, 1869. Advice.
- Jan 2012: Write a note on Talak-ul-Sunnat.
- Jan 2012: Write a note on Ila and Zihar.
UNIT IV– Family Law – II Model Question Papers
- June 2010: Define domicile. What are the modes of acquiring domicile.
- June 2010: Explain the procedure for obtaining succession certificate.
- June 2011: Explain the general principles of inheritance under Sunni Law.
- June 2011: Who is an administrator? What are his power and duties?
- Jan 2011: Discuss the limitations on the testamentary power of a Muslim in bequeathing his properties under a will.
- Jan 2011: State the rules of succession applicable to a parsi dying intestate.
- Jan 2012: State and explain different kinds of domicile
- Jan 2012: Define Probate. Explain the procedures for obtaining probate.
- June 2010: A Mohammaden dies leaving behind his wife, son and a daughter. Assign their shares.
- June 2010: An Indian Christian dies intestate leaving behind his widow, son and two sons of a pre-deceased son. Assign their shares.
- June 2011: A testator draws a line across his will and writes on the back of it ‘this will is revoked’. Does it amount to revocation of will?
- June 2011: ‘A’ an Indian Christian dies leaving behind two sons and a daughter. Distribute the property.
- Jan 2011: A Hanafi Muslim woman dies leaving behind husband, mother and daughter as her heirs. How will the estate devolve?
- Jan 2011: The testator by the first clause of his will leave estate of Rampur to ‘A’ and by the last clause of the will to ‘B’ and not to ‘A’. Who will have the legacy?
- Jan 2012: A Hanafi Muslim dies leaving behind his father and son. Distribute the property.
- Jan 2012: A Male Parsi dies leaving behind his Widow, Son, Daughter, Father and Mother. Divide the Estate.
UNIT V– Family Law – II Model Question Papers
- June 2010: State the rules for execution of unprivileged will
- June 2010: Define Specific Legacy. Distinguish it with Demonstrative Legacy.
- June 2011: Define will. Explain how privileged will is executed?
- June 2011: Discuss the need for Uniform Civil Code.
- Jan 2011: Explain the different kinds of legacies. When is a legacy deemed to be adeemed?
- Jan 2011: Describe the constitution, powers and functions of family courts.
- Jan 2012: Explain briefly the different kinds of bequests.
- Jan 2012: Who is a Curator? When he shall be appointed? What are his powers and duties?
- June 2010: ‘A’ a mariner of a ship in the course of voyage is temporarily on shore while the ship if lying in harbor. Can he make a privileged will?
- June 2010: A bequest is made to ‘A’ and ‘B’. ‘A’ dies before the testator. Examine the effect of the bequest.
- June 2011: ‘A’ bequeaths to ‘B’ Rs. One lakh to be paid at the death of ‘C’. ‘A’ dies and is survived by ‘B’ and ‘C’. When does the legacy vest in ‘B’?
- June 2011: A sum of money is bequeathed to ‘A’ on his completing his eighteenth year and in case of his death, before he completes his eighteenth year, to ‘B’. ‘A’ completes his eighteenth year and dies in life time of testator. Does the legacy for ‘A’ lapse.
- Jan 2011: Write a note on void Bequest.
- Jan 2011: Write a note on Powers of Curator.
- Jan 2012: Write a note on Unprivileged Will
- Jan 2012: Write a note on Functions of Family Courts.