Karnataka State Law (KSLU) University Previous Years Model Question Papers for LLB Second Semester – Contract Law – II
UNIT I – Contract Law – II Model Question Papers
- June 2010: Define bailment. Explain the duties of bailee.
- June 2010: Explain the rights of surety against creditor, principal debtor and co-sureties.
- June 2011: Define Contract of Guarantee. State the distinctions between Contract of Guarantee and Contract of Indemnity
- June 2011: Define Pledge and explain the rights of Pawnee
- Jan 2011: Explain the circumstances in which a curety can be discharged from his liability.
- Jan 2011: Define ‘Pledge’. Explain the rights and duties of Pledge.
- Jan 2012: : What is Continuing Guarantee? Explain the various modes of discharge of surety from his liability.
- Jan 2012: Define Contract of Indemnity. Explain the duties of Indemnity holder.
- June 2010: ‘A’ takes a bicycle on rental basis from ‘B’. Brakes of the bicycle are not in good conditions. ‘A’ is injured because of brake failure. Discuss the liability of ‘B’.
- June 2010: ‘B’ owes to ‘C’ a debt guaranteed by ‘A’. The debt becomes payable. ‘C’ does not sure ‘B’ for a year after the debt has become payable. Is the surety discharged?
- June 2011: ‘A’ lends his horse for riding to ‘B’. ‘A’ knows that the horse is vicious and unsafe for riding but does not disclose the same to ‘B’. ‘B’ rides the horse. ‘B’ is thrown and injured ‘B’ files a suit against ‘A’ to recover damages. Decide.
- June 2011: ‘A’ entrusted some books to ‘B’ for binding. ‘B’ promised to complete the work and return the same within ten days. ‘B’ failed to return the books within agreed time. Subsequently, the books were burnt in an accidental fire on his premises. Can A recover damages from ‘B’ for the loss of his books?
- Jan 2011: ‘A’ finds a golden ring and makes reasonable efforts to discover the true owner, but could not find him. Later the finder ‘A’ sells it to ‘B’, who buys it without knowledge that ‘A’ was merely a finder. Can the true owner recover the ring from ‘B’?
- Jan 2011: ‘A’ hires a carriage of ‘B’. The carriage is unsafe. ‘B’ is not aware of it. ‘A’ is injured while using the carriage. Is ‘B’ liable to ‘A’? Will it make any difference if the bailment is gratuitous? Decide.
- Jan 2012: ‘A’ guarantees payment to ‘B’ of the price of five sacks of floor to be delivered by ‘B’ to ‘C’’ and to be paid for in a month. ‘B’ delivers five sacks floor to ‘C’. ‘C’ pays for them. Afterwards ‘B’ delivers four-sacks of floor to ‘C’ which ‘C’ does not pay for it. What is the liability of ‘A’? Give reason
- Jan 2012: Sharath an old customer went into a Restaurant for the purpose of dining there. When he entered the dining room, the waiter took his coat without being asked and hung it on a hook behind him. When Sharath rose to leave the restaurant coat was missing. Who is liable? Decide.
UNIT II – Contract Law – II Model Question Papers
- June 2010: Discuss the maxim “delegates non protest delegare”. State the exceptions to this maxim.
- June 2010: Explain the rights of an agent.
- June 2011: Explain the duties of an agent
- June 2011: Who is an agent? Explain the different modes of termination of agency
- Jan 2011: What is the ‘Test of Agency’? Discuss the extent of an agent’s authority.
- Jan 2011: Explain the different modes of termination of an agency.
- Jan 2012: What is Bailment? Discuss the rights and duties of Bailor.
- Jan 2012: Explain the rights of finder of goods.
- June 2010: ‘A’ an agent of ‘B’ sells the goods to ‘C’ without proper enquiry as to the solvency of ‘C’. ‘C’ was insolvent at the time of Sale. Principal wants to sue the agent. Advise the principal.
- June 2010: ‘A’ gives authority of ‘B’ to sell ‘A’’s land and to pay himself out of the proceeds the debt due to him from ‘A’. ‘A’ wants to revoke the authority before the sale. Can he do so?
- June 2011: Write a short note on “agency by ratification”
- June 2011: Write a short on “Sub-agent”
- Jan 2011: Write a short note on ‘Agency by Ratification’
- Jan 2011: Explain i. Del Credere agent and ii. Agency coupled with interest
- Jan 2012: Write a short notes on Duties of Bailee
- Jan 2012: Write a short note on Pledge
UNIT III – Contract Law – II Model Question Papers
- June 2010: Define Partnership. Explain the essential elements of a partnership
- June 2010: Explain the provisions of the Partnership Act, relating to admission of a minor, to the benefits of partnership firm.
- June 2011: Explain the rights and duties of a partner in partnership form
- June 2011: Discuss the different methods of dissolution of partnership firm
- Jan 2011: Explain the consequences of dissolution of a partnership firm
- Jan 2011: Explain i. The Effects of Non-Registration of Partnership Form ii. Implied Authority of a Partner
- Jan 2012: Define ‘Agent’. Explain the different kinds of Agents.
- Jan 2012: Discuss the rights and duties of Agents,
- June 2010: Write a short note on “Partnership at will”
- June 2010: Write a short note on “Effects of non-registration of a partnership firm”
- June 2011: A, B and C are partners in a partnership business. ‘C’ retires without giving a public notice. ‘D’ an old customer deals with the firm without notice of change. ‘D’ wants to hold ‘C’ also liable. Decide.
- June 2011: ‘A’ and ‘B’ agree to work together as carpenters. According to the agreement, ‘A’ shall receive all profits and shall pay Rs.5,000 per month to ‘B’ as wages. Discuss whether A and B are partners.
- Jan 2011: A, B and C are carrying on business in partnership under an agreement which provides that the profits will be shared by them equally, but the losses will be borne equally by A and B alone. ‘X’ a creditor of the firm sues ‘C’. Decide whether C is liable.
- Jan 2011: A, B and C are partners of a partnership firm. ‘C’ who is an active partner retires without giving public notice. ‘X’ supplies the goods to the firm after ‘C’s retirement. Advise ‘X’ as to the recovery of amount of the goods supplied.
- Jan 2012: Short note on “Agent’s Right of lien”
- Jan 2012: Short note on “Revocation of Contract of Agency”
UNIT IV- Contract Law – II Model Question Papers
- June 2010: Explain the rights of unpaid seller against the goods
- June 2010: “No one can transfer a better title than he himself has”. Discuss this principle with exceptions.
- June 2011: Define Contract of Sale. State the distinctions between Sale and agreement to sell.
- June 2011: Explain the concept of “Caveat Emptor”. State the exceptions to this rule.
- Jan 2011: Explain in brief conditions and warranties implied by law under a contract of sale of goods
- Jan 2011: Explain the maxim “nemo dat quod non habet” and state the exceptions, if any.
- Jan 2012: Define partnership. What test you apply to determine the existence of a partnership.
- Jan 2012: What are the advantages and disadvantages of Registration of a partnership firm? Discuss.
- June 2010: “B” offers to purchase, and “A” accepts to sell a stack of firewood standing on A’s premises for Rs.10,000. According to the terms of contract buyer has to take the firewood on a certain day after payment. Before payment and while the firewood is on ‘A’ premises it is accidentally destroyed by fire. Now ‘A’ wants to recover the price from ‘B’. Discuss
- June 2010: ‘Anand’ a milk dealer supplied Santosh with milk which was consumed by Santosh’s wife. The milk contained germs of typhoid fever. Santosh’s wife was infected and died. Santosh intends to file a suit against Anand to recover damages. Decide.
- June 2011: A, B and C are joint owners of a horse. The horse is in possession of ‘C’ with the permission of A and B. They have not authorised ‘C’ to sell the horse. ‘C’ sells the horse to ‘D’ a bonafide purchaser. A and B contend that the sale is void. Decide.
- June 2011: ‘A’ gave a golden ring to ‘B’ on “Sale or return” basis and asked ‘B’ to return the ring within ten days in the case of non approval. ‘B’ pledged the ring with ‘C’ without informing ‘A’ of his approval to purchase the ring. When price was not paid by ‘B’. “A” filed a suit against ‘C’ to recover the ring. Decide.
- Jan 2011: ‘A’ agrees to purchase 10 tons of apple juice from ‘B’ on a specified date. ‘B’ crushes the apples, puts the juice ready for delivery on that specified date. ‘A’ delays to take delivery and the juice goes putrid and has to be thrown away. Is ‘A’ liable to pay the juice?
- Jan 2011: ‘A’ a jeweler delivered some jewellery to ‘B’ “On Sale or return basis”. ‘B’ pledged the jewellery with a pawn-broker although he had paid the price thereto ‘A’. There upon ‘A’ sues ‘B’ for sale price.
- Jan 2012: Mr. William an active partner of a ABC firm, resigned from ABC firm. Afterwards he has decided to start a new business competing with the ABC firm. Can he do so? Decide.
- Jan 2012: Ajay and Vijay two doctors formed a partnership firm. Ajay one of the doctor was punished for an offence of Rape. Vijay, other doctor intend for the dissolution of the firm. Can he do so? Decide.
UNIT V Contract Law – II Model Question Papers
- June 2010: Discuss the rights and obligations of the owner under hire purchase agreement
- June 2010: Explain the implied conditions under the Hire Purchase Act
- June 2011: Discuss the rights and obligations of the owner under hire purchase agreement
- June 2011: Define Hire Purchase agreement. State the distinctions between sale and hire purchase agreement
- Jan 2011: Define ‘Hire-Purchase Agreement’ and discuss its salient features.
- Jan 2011: Explain the rights and obligations of the owner in an Hire-Purchase Agreement.
- Jan 2012: Discuss the rights of an unpaid seller towards the goods.
- Jan 2012: Explain the remedies available for breach of contract of sale.
- June 2010: Write a short note on “Hire Purchase Agreement”
- June 2010: Write a short note on “Standard Forms of Contract”
- June 2011: Write a short note on contents of “Hire-Purchase Agreement”
- June 2011: Write a short note on “Implied-Warranties”.
- Jan 2011: Distinguish Hire-Purchase Agreement from a contract of sale of Goods
- Jan 2011: Write a note on ‘Assignment and Transmission of Hirer’s Rights’
- Jan 2012: “A” agrees to supply 100 Barrels of groundnut oil to “B”. “A” dispatches 120 barrels. “B” refuses to receive on the ground that he has supplied excess. Advise ‘A’.
- Jan 2012: Prashant purchased dead ping from Pinto, a dealer in pork. Prashanth family consumed the pork and suffered illness as dead pig unfit for human consumption. Prashanth filed a suit against pinto recover damages. Decide.